When choosing a property manager, there are a number of things you need to consider before selecting the person who will be caring for perhaps your most valuable asset.
Will the property manager:
- Accurately appraise your rental property to quickly rent your property to quality tenants and keep your vacancy period to a minimum?
- Conduct appropriate background checks on potential tenants before offering your property to a tenant? Bad tenants can cost you a lot of money in the long run.
- Understand the importance of ensuring the presentation of the property is maximised to attract the right tenant, who in turn will pay the rent on time and respect the property?
- Know the importance of in-depth tenant induction when a tenant moves in, ensuring they are well educated on right expectations ensuring a much better chance of tenancy success?
- Believe the rent must be paid on time every time and educates the tenant accordingly with their “zero tolerance to rent arrears” policy?
- Promptly attend to repairs and maintenance as they are observed or reported by the tenant?
- Quickly negotiate a new lease renewal term and keep the rent maximised at lease renewal time, in liaison with the property owner?
- Ensure the property is kept well maintained at a high level of cleanliness at property inspections and quickly follow up with the tenant anything found to be unsatisfactory?
- Make sure the property is vacated satisfactorily to a high standard of cleanliness, allowing for reasonable fair wear and tear, comparing the property to a comprehensive written in-going inspection report and a variety of digital photos taken at the tenancy start?
At Metro NZ, we are specialists in looking after our client’s most valuable assets – their investment property. We excel at managing a vast number of properties simultaneously and always put our clients first. If you’re looking for a property manager – get in touch today to see how we can take care of you and your property!