This is a relevant post for first time tenants, landlords and anyone who is involved with renting a place to be called home. Renting can be a very exciting thing and it is where the market trends for property management is heading. Metro NZ Property Management knows that renting gives the tenant more flexibility to do as they please when it comes to travelling, choosing a new home and with the current housing situation, the main option for most part of the population. If buying a property isn’t on your priority list just yet, Metro NZ Property Management is here to help you finding your dream home, so don’t hesitate to reach out for some help.
Now imagine the following scenario: you found your dream home. You can pay for all the costs to move in. You reach out to your property management company and they help you out with the paper work. Now it is a waiting game. So, what happens behind the scenes, you may be asking yourself.
The Tenancy Application Process happens so that the landlord and the tenant are safe. Here at Metro NZ Property management we always do our best so that a happy relationship between landlord and tenant happens. When everybody is happy, so are we.
So, this is how it works:
- The first step is filling out the Tenancy Application form and sending it to your property management company. At Metro NZ Property Management, we help you out every step of the way.
- After receiving the tenant’s application, the property manager does the following
- Reference check
- Background check
- After the previous step is approved, your property management company gets in touch with you and all the payments (1) plus letting fee (2) needs to be made.
- All payments are made and received.
- The contract is signed. Bond Lodgement Form is signed (3). Auto payment form signed (4) and finally, tenant get the key.
- Property manager sends the tenant a copy of the contract and landlord is notified that the property has been rented.
- Bond lodgement process is done
- Property is inspected before tenant moves in and a report is sent to the owner
- Tenant moves in.
This is a process that takes some time, but it is efficient and beneficiary to both sides. If you have any queries about the Tenancy Application Process, don’t hesitate to reach out to Metro NZ Property Management and we will gladly answer your questions and help you find your dream home.
- Usually the payment consists of four weeks bond, one week rent in advance and one week rent plus GST. Beware that if you are being charged any more than the four weeks bond and/or two week rent in advance, that is illegal.
- Letting fees pay for the property manager work
- Property management companies do not keep your bond within their account. The bond money is sent to bond office. For more information visit https://www.tenancy.govt.nz/
- Does not apply to all cases.
Hope you enjoyed this post.
Metro NZ Property Management
DON’T BE SHY
Contact us on +64 9 391 4642
Email us on Office@metronz.co.nz
Visit our website metronz.co.nz
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroNZ/
Follow us on Instagram: metronzproperty
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/metro-nz-property-management-ltd/
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroNz_
We hope to hear from you soon.